Whispering Pond Farm

Whispering Pond Farm

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Beginning

Home Grown to Wedding Table will be a day to day journal of the growth and preparation of all the ingredients needed to provide a reception dinner for my daughter Katelyn's wedding on September 15, 2012. From lamb, chicken, vegetables and cheese, to herbs and flowers. Katelyn made this request last spring when she became engaged. Katelyn is the eighth generation to live on this property. She wanted to come home, be married in the small Methodist church she grew up in, have her reception in my uncle's newly restored barn, and have the dinner be from the farm. More information about the history of this property, the people helping me make this happen, plantings, recipes, caterers, canning, freezing, picking....yeah,....will be forthcoming. A special thank you to Becky, Bob's niece. She suggested I start a journal, recording the preparation and progress of this project. It gives me a chance to express my thoughts and perhaps, reflect on the daily activities of the farm. Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment