Whispering Pond Farm

Whispering Pond Farm

Monday, April 23, 2012

Goat C-Section

Two posts ago I wrote that Sweet Pea was in labor and had called Lisa, wondering if she'd like to come and keep me company. I had fully intended on finishing the post when Sweet Pea delivered her twins. Safe and sound, no fuss, no muss. An experinced mother, Sweet Pea, should have no trouble. She's had babies the last several years and has always been a good mother. I was looking forward to Sweet Pea kidding. The last mother to have her babies. We could then concentrate on making cheese. Kids are fun to have around as well. Jumping up and down, climbing on everything, playing with each other. I went to the house and made some coffee after calling Lisa. She was going to come after she finished milking a goat she picked up several days ago. Great! I should be in bed by midnight. That was the plan. A good plan. Best laid plans do not always work the way they were intended. Everything changed around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment